1600 W. Antelope Drive
Layton, UT 84041
For more information about our stroke services, contact our Nurse Stroke Coordinators at 801-807-7395.
Primary Stroke Center
Davis Hospital and Medical Center is Certified by DNV-GL as a Primary Stroke Center, signifying excellence in the care we provide to meet the unique needs of stroke patients. Our expert response team of board-certified emergency physicians, neurosurgeons, radiologists, nurses, and technicians adhere to the latest scientific treatment guidelines and best practices to provide high-level emergency care. With rapid assessment, diagnosis, and treatment, this specialized multidisciplinary team is critical in helping to save brain tissue to decrease disability and long-term side effects from a stroke, improving the quality of life for the people and communities we serve.
- Davis County's first certified Primary Stroke Center
- Designated Level III Trauma Center
- American Heart Association’s Gold Plus Stroke Honor Roll Elite Recognition
- Board-Certified Emergency Physicians
- All Insurance Accepted in the ER
Stroke Prevention Tips
According to the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, stroke is the fifth leading cause of death in the United States and is the #1 cause of disability. They recommend following “Life’s Simple 7”, and in so doing, 80% of first strokes may be prevented.
- Don’t smoke
- Be physically active
- Eat a healthy diet
- Maintain a healthy body weight
- Control your cholesterol
- Control your blood pressure
- Control your blood sugar
Signs and Symptoms of Stroke
Rapid recognition is important. Knowing the warning signs of a stroke could save someone's life, maybe even yours!
If you or a loved one experience:
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or difficulty understanding speech
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance, or lack of coordination
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause
don’t delay, don't drive, dial 9-1-1. Local EMS partners coordinate with us for pre-hospital stroke recognition, initial management, rapid transport, and pre-alert notification to significantly shorten the time to diagnosis and treatment.
Time Is Brain. When time matters, Davis Hospital and Medical Center Primary Stroke Center is minutes away.