The treatment team establishes a personalized care plan in a safe, therapeutic environment based on the patient’s individualized psychiatric assessment by a licensed medical provider and psychosocial assessment by a mental health therapist/clinician.
Davis Behavioral Health Unit provides treatment to those 18 years of age and older who are in need of inpatient psychiatric care. Inpatient psychiatry is for individuals who are actively suicidal, homicidal, engaging in self-harming behaviors, experiencing psychosis, experiencing intense distress/crisis, and their day to day function is deteriorating to the point that they cannot perform their own activities of daily living. We provide medication management, individual therapy, family sessions, recreational therapy, group therapy, and case management. Our group therapy consists of psycho-educational groups, medication management groups, psychosocial groups, skills groups, and art therapy to provide the patient with healthy coping skills to help regulate their mood and behaviors.
- Chronic Pain
- Cognitive Changes
- Suicidal or Homicidal Feelings
- Mood disorders
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Management and treatment of medical conditions
- Medication management
- Nursing Care and Education
- Dietary consultation
- Recreational therapy assessment and treatment
- Psychotherapy (individual, family and gro
- Education for patients and families on diagnosis, treatment options and medications
- Social work assistance with discharge planning